Mergers & Acquisitions
Tulane Law School,
J.D., 1992 magna cum laude
• Managing Editor, Tulane Law Review
• Order of the Coif
Duke University, B.A., 1987,
Honors & Awards
Super Lawyers, “Rising Star” 2005
Lisa Vash HermanCounsel
Lisa Vash Herman is Counsel at Herman Jones LLP. Her practice focuses on mergers, acquisitions, securities matters, strategic alliances and other complex business transactions in a variety of industries. Her practice also includes an array of general corporate matters, including corporate governance issues and advising public and private entities on their daily legal matters.
Prior to joining Herman Jones, Lisa was Knowledge Counsel at Alston + Bird LLP in Atlanta, where she developed and implemented a transactional knowledge management strategy and Knowledge Base to capture and organize the firm’s transactional institutional knowledge, including the development of proprietary virtual deal rooms and case management portals.
Lisa was also a Legal Director in the Corporate Credits Group at ING Investment Management investing in Private Placements of debt, practiced corporate law at Alston + Bird LLP in Atlanta and Vinson & Elkins in Houston. Immediately after graduating law school, Lisa was Attorney Advisor to the Honorable Judges Jeffrey Tureck and Marvin Bober at the Department of Labor Office of Administrative Law Judges.
Lisa graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology from Duke University. She earned her Juris Doctor degree from Tulane Law School, where she was Managing Editor of the Tulane Law Review. In 2005, Lisa chartered the 20th Section of the Atlanta Bar Association, the Women in the Profession Section.
Chair 2005-2006, Charter Member 2005-2008, Women in the Profession Section of the Atlanta Bar Association
Lisa Vash Herman, Lynn M. Adam & Emily Hammond,
It’s About Time: Part-time Policies and Practices in Atlanta Law Firms (February 2004)
• UGA Parents Leadership Council, Grants Committee Member, 2018-present
• Director, Legal, A Traves , Inc., non-profit dedicated to flamenco arts in Atlanta, 2014-present
• Sponsorship co-chair, Holy Spirit Preparatory School Annual Gala, 2019
• Co-chair, Tulane Law School Class of 1992 Gift, 2017
• Co-chair, Court Appointed Special Advocates Annual Luncheon, 2016 and 2017
• Co-chair, Marist Holiday Traditions, 2016
• Assistant Chair, Marist Holiday Traditions, 2015
• Co-chair 2014, Committee Member 2012-2017, Camp Kudzu Annual Luncheon
• Chair, Warren T. Jackson Elementary School website—2010-2013
• President 2010-2013, Board Member 2007-2016, Holy Spirit Catholic Church Women’s Club
• Chair, HillsideWalks!, led successful initiative to have City of Atlanta build neighborhood sidewalk, 2003-2004